The internet has been flooded with so many stunning things about life. One of which is HCG. It can never be denied that thousands of people today can’t help but ask about HCG, what does it mean, how does it work, and is it effective. These are just few of the many questions that keep pouring on the virtual community. As the number of people who are strongly fascinated about HCG tripled, I believe that it is fair enough to get to know it better.
For this article, I will be talking about some pointers regarding of HCG level. What does a particular HCG level mean? What is its pattern? How long does it double? What are the different tools to use to monitor its doubling rate?
These are the same questions that most netizens are snooping about.
Let us now talk about the nuts and bolts of HCG levels.
HCG level is measured in mili-international units in every milliliter. Furthermore, this can be assessed in two different ways namely qualitative HCG test and quantitative HCG test for 5 weeks. The first type of HCG test aims to check any trace of HCG in the blood or urine sample; while, the other type of test measures the level of HCG in the samples.
- HCG Level During Pregnancy: The human chorionic gonadotropin level starts to climb the during the first two weeks of pregnancy. Such hormone can be evident in a pregnant woman’s first morning urine in as early as two weeks next to a missed monthly period.
The HCG level a pregnant woman originally starts at extremely low. The baseline of HCG level is 5 miU/ml on the first weeks of conception. However, such level is anticipated to swell and double in every 24 to 36 hours. It can be noted further that the HCG level can be impressively high to the point of having it obvious in expecting mom’s urine.
An HCG level at 50 to 80 mIU.ml. may reflect two red lines in the HCG urine tests or strips. (Click here to buy HCG Pregnancy Test Strips From Amazon)
In normal pregnancy cases, HCG levels fluctuate vastly amongst different women. In fact, it varies in various pregnancies too. When reading the numbers associated with HCG level, caution is highly necessitated. Specifically; in the first trimester of pregnancy, the HCG level is really not as significant as the HCG level doubling rate during the aforementioned period. You can measure the hcg levels by weekly or monthly basis.
hCG Twin Levels : In context the normal hcg levels for twins is approximately 963 miu/ ml for 14 days.
There are a number of normal pregnancies that have a pretty low HCG level which end at the birth of a healthy baby. The secret to successful pregnancy test is regular monitoring of the HCG hormone levels through constant blood tests at every two or three days interval. Through this, you will be able to check and closely keep an eye on the fluctuation of your HCG level calculator as a young sprout grows inside your womb.
Explicitly stating, indicated below is a guide in HCG levels and monitoring that can be used for single pregnancy. The information that I will be providing you is just a guide simply because the HCG levels are radically huge. Thus, HCG level in multiple pregnancies can be 30 to 50% greater than single pregnancy.
During the first seven days of pregnancy, the HCG level ranges from zero to 5 mIU/ml. On the second week (basically that is 14th day of pregnancy), the HCG level begins to climb from five to approximately 430 mIU/ml. It was on the third week when such HCH levels reach 180 to 7400 mIU/ml. HCG levels continue to upswing some days before a baby was delivered. Specifically, the HCG level doubles progressively with as pregnancy progresses. Nevertheless, such level takes 84 hours to double on the sixth or seventh week of pregnancy. Imagine, it can stretch to 90,000 mIU/ml.
This number represents a part and parcel of the HCG level doubling rate in normal cases. The fact that 17% of ectopic conceptions entails normal doubling rate too.
Speaking of types of pregnancies and its HCG doubling rate, it is perceived that the level of HCG in the body is practically higher in twin pregnancy. However, the high level alone does not indicate any chance of getting a twin.
It can be noted further that HCG level starts to drop upon reaching a normal concentration of 15 thousand mIU/ml. Basically speaking, such variation ranges from 3000 to 90000 mIU per milliliter. When it comes to HCG levels, it is best to speak with your doctor regarding the results of the test. Regardless of how strong your will power can be, your doctor is the only person who can make conclusions of the possibilities of twins. But then again, this is only possible when you have conducted a series of tests signifying a pattern.
hCG Levels by Week:
On the contrary, during child birth, the placenta is removed naturally. The fact which states that HCG is produced by placenta, it can be perceived that HCG levels can be at zero starting from the point of delivery. Practically, such level will get back to less than 5 mIU/ml. The aforementioned number is popularly denoted to as pre- pregnancy HCG level. However, it is also significant to know that this HCG level regaining process can take four to six weeks after birth.
Getting back to HCG doubling level, it is made mentioned that such level can double in every two days of pregnancy. It is expected to be at its peak at approximately 2 and a half months of conception. The computation of the number of weeks starts at the last day of menstruation. In this period, HCG levels present in urine samples is more or less 60, 000 mIU/ml. It was made mentioned above that there is a huge variation as to a person’s HCG levels.
- HCG levels during Miscarriage: The level of HCG in the blood is high next to a miscarriage. Such level is greater during miscarriage than during the first weeks of pregnancy. For pregnancies that are leading to miscarriage, the doubling rate of HCG level does not anymore rise accordingly. Whereas, during post- miscarriage level, the HCG level will immediately yield back to its negative pregnancy level. Again, there is no way to specify the numbers at this stage simply because HCG level varies from women to women.
The rate of normalizing the HCG level after miscarriage largely depends on the term of pregnancy versus the point of reference before pregnancy. The process may take days or even weeks.
A couple of pregnant women who have experienced miscarriage are pretty aware of the fluctuations of HCG level. These women are closely monitoring their HCG levels since they are getting the gut- feeling of possible miscarriage. In addition, these women took a record of the variations of their HCG levels and scheduled a visit at their doctor’s clinic.
- As stated above, the term of pregnancy is vital in the assessment as to the approximated number of days that HCG level will get back to normal. For example, when the HCG level is currently at 1000 to 56,000 mIU/ml. two weeks after a delayed monthly period, it is also expected to take a longer time restoring the level to normal.
- During miscarriage, the doctor will check if the placental tissue is naturally detached and removed from a mother’s body. If this is the case, the HCG level can theoretically drop to less than 5 mIU/ml. This can happen at around a month or two next to miscarriage.
Also read :
- How Normal Should a Normal HCG Range
- Are There Any Misconceptions Associated With HCG Diet?
- HCG diet and its Phases
- Are You Looking for Foods That Can Lower Cholesterol Naturally? Here is the List
- A Step By Step Guide on How to Lower Your Blood Sugar Naturally
Other HCG levels Considerations:
The level of HCG most especially after miscarriage should be paid more attention simply because an HCG level that continuous to rise despite miscarriage means a more serious problem. Such condition necessitates a medical condition that needs to be taken care of immediately and appropriately. First, it is important to recognize the reason behind the cause of such activity. One of which is the growth of placental root cells during miscarriage. This causes a medical condition that is most known as choriocarcinoma, a type of cancer that can be treated through chemotherapy. Thus, studies revealed that 90% of the choriocarcinoma cases can be cured as long as treatment is done at its early stage.
The unceasing increase of HCG levels for women who thought of having a normal pregnancy might mean getting a normal and ectopic pregnancy concurrently. Ectopic pregnancies can be addressed through surgical procedures.
Facts about HCG Level Monitoring
- It is not any more imperative to monitor your HCG levels as you reach six thousands mIU/ml. This is simply because it can no longer significantly indicate or manifest how well your present pregnancy goes. Basically, it is in this phase when the increase in your body’s HCG level starts to become sluggish. In a couple of weeks, it is expected to wane until it reached the peak.
- In most cases, doctors never fail encouraging women to be cautious in studying and monitoring their HCG levels. In addition, this advice is correspondingly appropriate to ever body. Medical professionals do not recommend too much of this HCG level monitoring except you are pregnant and experiencing pain and/ or bleeding.
- The very moment that the HCG levels stretch to 2000 mIU per milliliter, an indication of a gestational sac at a woman’s body can be at least visible through a vaginal ultrasound. However, when a woman’s HCG levels cease rising as expected, it is a strong indication of a pregnancy problem. This include ectopic pregnancy and possible miscarriage. On the contrary, high HCG levels at an abnormal rate might be a manifestation of a multiple pregnancy.
- There is no other force or element that can influence the HCG level of the body. It is not pain relievers nor antibiotics that a person has been taking for a pre-existing ailment. Such things do not and (should I say) cannot mess up with a body’s HCG level. However, it is also fair enough to say that the aforementioned medications might affect (at the very least) the body’s HCG levels; but, there is no way that these things can change the result of the tests that evaluate the level of HCG in the body.
- There are few women who do everything they can to get pregnant. These women have a tendency to panic when they get an HCG level that is practically lower than the number that they are looking forward to achieve. Let me say it again. HCG level is not a number game. Yes, it is true that there are cases that the fluctuations of HCG level matters. But, let me tell it straight to you. The current number that you might be getting right at this very moment means nothing to worry about as long as the increase is evident in every two days span. Remember, HCG levels vary from person to another. Cases is that, you might have an irregular or longer cycle as compared to most women.
- The level of HCG in a woman’s body plays a very significant part in her holistic health. Practically, understanding the HCG levels most especially during pregnancy and after miscarriage is extremely important. On the contrary, failure to pay attention to such element can be risky for and among women.
- High HCG levels does not only indicated possibility for molar pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, chorioncacinoma and miscarriage. In some cases, high HCG levels can be the result of the HCG injections or diet drops that you have took over the months. Whether these HCG injections are utilized for weight loss or for fertility treatment, such formula can stay in a person’s system in a maximum of ten days after getting such HCG shot.
- For the purpose of getting an accurate result when measuring HCG level, it is the best idea to seek help from your trusted medical professional. Moreover, the number of HCG level measuring tools, hcg level charts and apps have been made available abundantly in the web. Included in the list of these tools is HCG level doubling calculator wherein you just need to simply key in your number and you will be able to get your doubling rate in an instant. It is as easy as that. Therefore, what is the point of not utilizing such tools on your end? Bear in mind that these tools are not designed for nothing.