If you are fond of sweet dishes, low fat apple bran muffins can be the right selection as it is simple to make, nutrients rich and low in fats. You can enjoy the soft creamy sweet hot muffins without the worry of calorie addition. The addition of oat bran brings in lots of fiber which is very important for the body. If you have reservation about using butter, the second choice can be olive oil with butter flavor along with Greek yogurt. This combination gets an amazing taste and is beneficial for your waistline. If you are unable to collect butter flavored olive oil, go for extra virgin olive oil.
All the ingredients of low fat apple bran muffins are commonly available in your kitchen store. So you will not need additional planning for collecting the ingredients before preparing for the apple bran muffins. As and when you desire to eat these tasty sweet hot muffins or desire to offer the muffins to your husband and kids, you are free to go for it.
Ingredients used for preparing Low Fat Apple Bran Muffins:
- Whole grain wheat flour 1 ½ cups
- Oat / wheat bran 2/3 cup
- Baking powder 2 tea spoon
- Baking soda ½ tea spoon
- Cinnamon ground 1 tea spoon
- Nutmeg ground ½ tea spoon
- salt fine ¼ tea spoon
- Olive oil butter flavored 3 table spoon (in absence extra virgin olive oil or butter will do)
- Greek yogurt non fat plain ¼ cup
- fine sugar ½ cup
- Eggs 2 nos.
- Vanilla extract 2 tea spoon
- Milk 1 cup
- Chopped apples 1 ½ cups
- Turbinado sugar 1 table spoon
Video tutorial for preparing Low fat apple bran muffins:
Direction for preparing Low Fat Apple Bran Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree F
- In a medium sized bowl place dry ingredients, wheat flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ground nutmeg and salt. Whisk the ingredients to get an uniform mix
- Put oil, yogurt and sugar into a mixer and beat on high to make a good mixture. Beat the eggs with vanilla and pour the mixture into the mixer. Put the mixer on low and add flour mixture as well as milk gradually. Put the chopped apples. Make a uniform mixture.
- Divide the mixture so prepared into 12 muffins cups. Place the filled in muffin cups inside the preheated oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Before putting the muffins for baking you may sprinkle turbinado sugar on the top of the muffins.
- Serve the sweet apple bran muffins hot
- You can put the remaining muffins in refrigerator for consuming later. The muffins can be safely kept refrigerated for five days. Before serving the refrigerated muffins heat in the ovens for 20 seconds.
Preparation time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 25 minutes; Total time: 35 minutes
The ingredients in the above recipe is for 12 apple bran muffins
Calories: 85 calorie per serving
Use aluminum foil for even cooking and retaining moisture in the muffins. Also it becomes easy to clean up.