Greek Yogurt chicken salad recipe preparation video:
Here is a healthy recipe which can be prepared within shortest possible time using commonly used ingredients that are always present in your kitchen. Greek yogurt chicken salad is incredibly healthy containing proteins, vitamins, calcium but negligible fat. This is ideal for the calorie conscious modern day youth who hardly get any time for cooking due to their busy work schedule, especially in this highly uncertain economic scenario.
Among the many other chicken salads such as curry chicken with Greek yogurt, chicken salad with mustard and Greek yogurt etc, Greek yogurt chicken salad stands on its own in terms of simplicity, authenticity and minimum time for cooking.
Ingredients used for preparing chicken salad Greek yogurt:
- Chicken breasts skinless, boneless, free from fats, diced uniformly to ½ inches, 3 cups
- Halved grapes seedless variety 2 cups
- Diced celery stalks 3 medium size
- Thinly sliced green onion 2 to 3
- toasted almonds sliced ½ cup
- Greek yogurt non-fat 1 cup
- Milk non-fat 2 table spoon
- Honey 2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- fresh dill chopped 2 table spoon
- Bread whole grain, lettuce, croissants, crackers.
Directions for preparing Greek yogurt chicken salad recipe:
- Take two large bowls. In one bowl place the cooked and diced chicken breasts, celery, grapes, almonds and green onions.
- In other bowl put Greek yogurt, honey, milk, pepper and salt. Stir lightly to mix.
- Pour the chicken mix over the Greek yogurt mix and start tossing so that the there are coatings of yogurt mix on the chicken salad.
- Taste for salt as well as pepper, adding as per requirements.
- Put the Greek yogurt chicken salad inside the refrigerator for minimum 2 hours. The best result comes on refrigeration overnight when the flavors and the taste spread uniformly due to soaking.
- The salad is now ready to serve. You can sprinkle the salad with dill before serving.
- The salad can be taken as a green salad topping, a filling between sandwiches, dip for crackers or directly from the bowl.
- The remaining Greek yogurt chicken salad can safely be kept in the refrigerator for consuming next days. So you are free to use the salad for days after preparing it taking one days pain.
Information pertaining to nutrition of Greek yogurt chicken salad:
- Size of each serving: 1 cup
- Calories per serving: 228 calories
- Total fats: 6 gm
- Cholesterol content: 48 mg
- Sodium content: 327 mg
- Carbohydrates content: 17 gm
- Fiber content: 2 gm
- Sugar content: 12 gm
- Protein content: 27 gm
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Total servings with the above ingredients: six
If you use cooked chicken, the total time is reduced further.
The Greek yogurt chicken salad has all the tastes; Greek yogurt imparting the creamy taste, the crunchy taste is obtained through almonds as well as celery, grapes with honey giving the sweet taste, freshness comes from green onion and dill while the tender chunks of chicken imparting the juicy texture. You can also prepare Greek yogurt chicken salad sandwich after you prepared the salad.
You can eat this salad with baked honey mustard chicken recipe.